Thursday, December 13, 2007

Trash Can Seance


Tim Noble and Sue Webster

these shadows cast on the wall are poignant; they're full of personality and they capture a moment. the shadows give us a voyeuristic perspective; we know there's someone there, but we can't see who.... but when we go to look, it's just trash.




Is the trash saying that there's no substance there?
There once was something of value in that relationship, but now it's all gone.
People are garbage? Relationships are waste products?

Or maybe it's the opposite;

there's small pretty moments if you look past the landfill.
or even when all you see is a dump, you might be missing a chance to connect....

Or--

Maybe this is just proof I should go dumpster diving. It's on my list of things to do, after all. Maybe I can find some useful material for my installation classs next semester and cross something off of my to-do list.